So the other night I switch off the lights and I’m trying to snuggle down into blissful sleep when my dog starts snoring louder than a 747 at take-off. Continue reading
I’ve recently written two other pieces for the fabulous fashion blog over at West 38th Street. Fashion shows are so much more fun when they’re for a good cause! (Click the links for the full articles…extra pics & link luv posted below.)
CACHE’ RULES THE RUNWAY AT THE OKC KINGS & QUEENS FASHION SHOW
Getting the red carpet ready
A diamond-shaped stage
The Riviera Tanning Spa McLaren
The Brink Model Management team meets before rehearsals
Cache’ stylist Erica Moore volunteered for behind the scenes production assistance
Brink models backstage
All the Brink models who wore Cache’
Dressed for the runway
Emcees Mrs Oklahoma 2012 Joy Murphy and Mrs Oklahoma 2003 Natausha Spears arrive
Guests & silent auction
Treats provided by Rococo
At the Cache’ giveaway table 1
At the Cache’ giveaway table 2
Cache’ style meets Geico geko
What sets a fashion show apart from others? A Harley Davidson, of course.
Erica returns the Cache’ rolling rack
Capturing all the special moments…including the photographer herself
YWCA of Oklahoma City Continue reading
- Spent a tornado-free summer in OK. Hallelujah. Amen.
- Went to the OKC Farmers Market for the first time (the actual one at OSU, not to be confused with the building that still bears the name but has nothing to do with any sort of produce and makes MapQuest go berserk).
- Experienced new health challenges that have made me grateful for all the ones I don’t have.
- Tried Minx nails.
- Made new friends volunteering for OETA.
- Discovered a new obsession with creativity (and Pinterest) I never knew I had.
- Dog birthdays.
- Family birthdays.
- The VERY BEST Harry Potter Marathon EVER.
- Stalked a turtle.
- Repaired lid switches on two washing machines. The second being somewhat anti-climactic when I forgot to plug the machine back in before I turned it on.
- Learned how to make frittata.
- Ate vast amounts of frittata.
- Won tix to see Michael Buble. Sigh.
- Read the Hunger Games series. Viewed Catching Fire about one million times. Learned how to rock ‘The Katniss.’
- Celebrated a birthday by doing inventory.
- Caught three free movies under the stars in the Myriad Gardens. Next year I will catch more.
- Became addicted to Fixer Upper.
- Kept a chemical-free lawn. Easier earlier in the summer rather than later. Enticed by the virtues of clover as low, shady ground cover.
- Read Warm Bodies. Great read. Movie delightful in spite of differences…and arguably more loveable.
- Reacted rather irritably to images of new Wonder Woman costume. NOTHING says kick ass like a woman in tall red boots. Anybody can wear black.
- Mourned the loss of the life skill of letter writing…and envelope addressing…by buying stationary for each niece and teaching random humans how to complete a thank you note.
- Learned after 25 years of life in Oklahoma that Braums shakes can be ordered EXTRA THICK. You’re dead to me, Okies. You’re welcome, worldwide web.
- Took a deep breath and made a phone call that could potentially change my life. But at the very least it has stretched me and gained me new/renewed relationships. I won’t tell you what it’s about, but will say that you’ll be the first to know when there’s fruit on the tree.
Now for my most favoritest season of the year. I can already smell the baked apples. Onward into Fall!
Today was OETA’s annual day at the state capitol, and I’m so pleased I was able to attend for the first time with Elizabeth. The OETA staff was extremely welcoming and gracious. If you’re not following them on both tv stations and social media, you’re missing out! There were so many children who showed up to hang out with the OETA Kids characters, but there was plenty other fun for grown-up fans like us. We love and support our local PBS!
Also known as ‘The one in which I can’t remember the name of An Ideal Husband.’ For shame.